Friday, January 18, 2008

Mini Ditkas








So just before Christmas, we went for a weekend in Chicago. The girls got to ride in an airplane, ride in a taxi, stay in a hotel, visit the American Girl store, eat lunch at AG, see the Navy Pier and more Christmas lights and trees under one roof, play at the Chicago Children's Museum and climb straight up through three floors in a vertical rope tunnel, walked more than their little legs have ever walked in 36 hours (although Princess Ava managed to arrange being carried most of the time), and eat breakfast at a place that brings you Wikki Stix instead of crayons (Ava also discovered that, despite looking like licorice, they aren't edible). From my perspective, I enjoyed all of these things as well but the AG store was INSANE and epitomized American commericialism -- oh, FYI, apparently standing in any one place for more than 9 seconds anywhere in the store is STRICTLY prohibited. Ava had a small panic attack from all the craziness so Aunt Natalie rescued her and took her back to the hotel while Maria and I got to spend a few hours walking around the city, looking at all the amazing window displays at Marshall Fields, and riding the trolley (complete with a driver named Jose singing Christmas carols to us).


What's the point? What's the significance? I DON'T KNOW!!

I just thought I'd share.

P.S. Check out the song Luca by Brand New. It's a really good song but scary towards the end. This, by the way, is totally unrelated to the rest of the post.


No comments: