Monday, June 02, 2008

Bob Loblaw

I have no words of wisdom tonight. I have nothing witty and clever to say. I'm just content at the moment. Our basement floor is now purple (no seriously, it's on purpose and we didn't lose a bet), school is almost out for the girls, and our swim passes are burning in a hole in the swim bag that's packed and ready to go. Okay, the "packed and ready to go" part is not quite true. I do, however, know exactly which bag I'll use. Right now it's just empty and shoved in the corner of the closet.

I'm adjusting well to my new role of stay-at-home-mom. It's been relaxing and fun. My days mostly consist of being hard at work compiling a mental list of dozens of things I want to accomplish throughout the day but, so far, I rarely finish more than about two or three of them. I think I'm still in the honeymoon phase where I still haven't quite realized that this isn't just a few days off. Once I have wrapped my mind around the fact that this is my life right now, I'll make better use of my time.

I truly miss my co-workers. I loved going into work being able to count on the fact that, at least once throughout the day, I would laugh so hard that it almost hurt. On the other hand, whenever I am able to sit and listen to the chapter book Maria is writing and play restaurant with Ava (she only ever wants to be the server), I am so thankful I have this opportunity to spend so much time with them. It truly feels like I'm slowing down time a bit. I love it.

Just a little rambling for you. That's all for tonight.

2 comments:

SherO said...

Okay, I finally got set up so I can leave you a comment. After many months I was happy to see yet another witty post from you. I would to love to hear more about how you happen to be a stay at home mom.

Miss hearing from you.

Sherrie

Momto16 said...

Maria looks 12 in that picture! Get out! She can't be so OLD now!! That makes me 95!! Take it back!!

What a beauty. Seriously.
Sheesh.

Love you buddy.
Buddy