
I would like to begin this post by asking everyone to bow their heads and take a moment of silence to honor the memory of my Sony VAIO. In a tragic and unthinkable accident, SOMEONE clicked on the link inside one of those fake MSNBC headline e-mails and welcomed, with open arms, a virus into our peaceful yet very cluttered little cyber home. It was sort of like unknowingly inviting a vampire into your home. It takes a matter of minutes to realize the gravity of your mistake but your teeny tiny house is so cluttered and packed and bursting at the seams that you can't find the garlic or wooden stake. You frantically call the Frog Brothers and Corey Haim over to slay the vampire but, again, your house is soooo cluttered (with pictures, software, and a certain someone's Rollercoaster Tycoon and Fantasy Football shit), there is just no room for them to move around and do their thing. What's the next best option? Get all of your loved ones (the pictures and Fantasy Football shit) out, and turn your vampire-infested house into a freak show and let it feast on the blood of Rollercoaster Tycoon. I guess I'll just wipe out the operating system, install Linux [pushing the nerd glasses up on the bridge of my nose], and use it for the plethora (does anyone else think of Three Amigos when they hear that word?) of papers I'll be writing over the next couple of years.
Goodbye dear VAIO. I'll miss the way your constant loud-running fan would provide the white noise I needed for our afternoon naps. I'll miss the third-degree burns you gave us if we attempted to touch you after about 4 minutes of being on. The girls will miss the way you slowed down each and every frame of each and every Webkinz game to ensure that they enjoyed every second of it. Although a driver defect meant that, in the five years we had you (I think that's about 125 in laptop years), you were never able to be used in a wireless capacity, we always held out hope. Be free little VAIO. Be free.





3 comments:
RIP Vaio, RIP.
Oh, and Joe is ALL ABOUT Linux if you are serious about installing it, and by chance need his help. No matter how busy he is, he'll lose sleep if it means someone will listen to him talk about Linux.
This was funny buddy. I am having a crisis and need you to weigh in- see my blog post.
Post a Comment