
It's been a few days since I've posted an update. It's actually been a little more than that since the Arrested Development clip doesn't really count as an update. By the way, if you have not clicked on that link to watch it, I pity you. I will take several pictures of all of you, create a slide show set to sad but hopeful music, and tell the world of the number of people that walk among us trying to go on living without having heard Gob say, ".... my $7000 suit. C'MON!!!" or Buster say how he won a stuffed seal as an award from "Army". People will donate leave time so that you have the opportunity to laugh.
Okay, so for my progress...well, I have learned the following things over the past seven days:
1.) Despite my best efforts at denial, my five year-old does, in fact, have a surplus of fall clothing and does NOT need more items from the Bohemian line at Gap.
2.) The prospect of my seven year-old not being the perfect student child is very unnerving to me as she brought home a worksheet in which she incorrectly responded to three of seven questions. This is my new found character flaw that I will process and work through BEFORE my child develops an eating disorder, starts gambling, or any of the other plots for after school specials titled things like, "The Perfect Child" or "Fallen Angel".
3.) I could, literally, spend an entire day using my new Photoshop Elements software to edit every photo I've ever taken...ever.
4.) When your daughter asks you to help her with the trickier level of the Webkinz game, Smoothie Moves, it's a good idea to politely decline as the risk for becoming addicted and playing secretly after everyone goes to bed is very real and very high.
5.) Wii Fit throws little "Easter Eggs" (as Mike calls them) into the program so the trainers say things like, "Did you know a dog responds better when given attention and praise?" or "Sorry, I'm a little off today. Come back later." WTF?????
6.) More people come to my blog because they are searching for Nemo pictures than any other reason.
7.) No matter how many times I experience it, I still never seem to remember how much better I feel when I clean and thoroughly organize any room of the house.
The past week, I've been pretty productive, I've been good about exercising, and I've rediscovered how important a schedule is to me. While I was working, I always had a huge mental list of things I would accomplish if I just had one extra day off. That day off would come and I would be useless. When I stopped working, that was exactly what happened. Don't misunderstand, I had a great summer and spent so much time with my girls (my very favorite part), swimming, traveling, and managed to not worry about the little things. The problem is, those little things began to add up and the stress of knowing what kind of mountain of mundane crap I'd need to tackle when school started became overwhelming and just unmotivated me. I feel a little more back in the driver's seat of my life and optimistic that I will meet some of the goals I've set. One in particular involves a dress I purchased about a year ago even though it was about three sizes too small because I loved it and it was on sale for an unbelievable price. I got it at White House Black Market. I'll leave it up to your imagination about what color it is.





No comments:
Post a Comment